Sorry to all that have asked me for bag photos! Have finally got around to it! I saw a friend who was making bags so I re-invented a pattern of my own incorporating the plastic idea and started sewing like mad!I have developed three sizes (only the small "handbag" size and the medium size are featured in these photos) there is a bigger size (kind of beach bag size) but these are a mission to sew so I am still working on them! The first two photos shows my latest addition - adding button clasps to "handbag" sized bags. I am also making small baby towel for the baby bags and matching fabric/plastic changing mats that roll up for something a little extra in a baby bag. I have recently designed my own pattern for a little "handbag" pouch (perfect for carrying lippies and tissues) these are made from matching fabrics and should be posted on the blog in the next week. I am trying to avoid using fabrics more than once (sometimes I use them again but change the inside fabric or the size of the bag) so everyones bags is a one off unique creation! Hopefully I will have some more people who have a different bag for every day of the week like I do!
Hope you enjoy!

This handbag closes with a funky big button for a little something different!!



This bag was developed with a specialised stethoscope pocket for busy nurses!
Anyone who can design patterns is a genius in my book--I really love all those bags and the fabrics you have chosen to use!
ReplyDeletethey're really nice! How do get them to have the "oil cloth" effect?? do you layer it with plastic??? Is it hard to sew?
ReplyDelete